This post here is to unbrick soft bricked Sprint HTC One M7 only. Don’t try it on any other HTC One variant. Also this post is for a device which is soft bricked NOT hard bricked (Soft brick vs Hard brick).
We are not responsible for any data loss or other problems that occur by using this tutorial. Flashing ROM deletes internal memory. Use at your own risk.
- 1HTC USB divers
- 2ROM update Utility (RUU) for M7
- 3PC with Windows OS on it
All the downloads are provided at the end of the post.
Procedure to unbrick soft bricked Sprint HTC One M7
There are two important steps that you have to perform in order to get stock firmware on your device. Firstly, all those users who have their bootloader unlocked, will have to lock it again. This is an essential step for users with locked bootloader, other users who already have locked bootloader can skip this part. Second step consists of an actual tutorial on how to install stock ROM on your Sprint HTC One M7.
All users with unlocked bootloaders must follow this guide to lock your bootloader. This step is must if you have a unlocked bootloader otherwise your may get in trouble while installing stock ROM or face problem while installing stock ROM.
Installing Stock ROM on Sprint HTC One M7
After locking your bootloader, you can use the RUU to install stock firmware on your device.
- 1Download ROM update Utility (RUU) from the links below. Run the .exe file to launch the system update wizard.
- 2Now follow the instructions mentioned by system update wizard. DON’T INTERRUPT FLASHING PROCEDURE FOR ANY REASONS WHATSOEVER.
- 3Once the update is complete, click on Finish button and your device will reboot.
- 4Once the device reboots, you will be presented with initial setup wizard.
- 5Once initial setup wizard is complete, your device will boot into home screen and work properly.
Congrats!! Your device is successfully unbricked now.
- Boot your device into fastboot mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and press power button for 3 seconds. Then select recovery by pressing power button once.
- Select wipe cache partition to clear invalid caches.
- From main menu select wipe dalvik cache to clear dalvik cache.
- Next select factory reset and reboot your device, it should boot normally now.
Get Tips for your device, Free!
No Spam Promise, Your email address is SAFE with us!