This post here is to unbrick soft bricked Samsung Galaxy Win / Grand Quattro GT-I8552 only. Please don’t try this on any other Galaxy Win/Quatrro variant. Also this post here is only for soft bricked device only not hard bricked (see the difference). This will flash Samsung Galaxy Win/Grand Quattro to Android version 4.1.2.
We are not responsible for any data loss or other problems that occur by using this tutorial. Flashing ROM deletes internal memory. Use at your own risk.
- 1Samsung USB drivers for GT-I8552
- 2Android OS Firmware
- 3Odin file
- 4PC with Windows OS on it
All the downloading links are provided at the end of the post.
Procedure to unbrick soft bricked Samsung Galaxy Win/Grand Quattro GT-I8552 :-
- 1Install Samsung USB drivers for GT-I8552, if not already present, download and install drivers from the links at the end of the post.
- 2Download and extract the firmware zip file, you will get a .tar.md5 file along with some other files.
- 3Download and extract Odin zip file, you will get Odin3 v3.07.exe, a .pit file along with some other files. Run Odin3 v3.07.exe as Administrator.
- 4Click on PDA button and browse .tar.md5 file that you got after extracting firmware zip file.
- 5Click on PIT button and browse for a file with .pit extension.
- 6Make sure that Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check boxes are checked. Also if you have selected PIT file in the previous step then make sure that Re-partition is also selected.
- 7Switch off and boot your device in downloading mode by holding volume down + home + power button until you see a construction Android icon with a yellow triangle appearing on the screen. Now press volume up to enter into downloading mode.
- 8Now connect your device to PC using USB Cable. If Odin detects your device, the ID: COM box will turn to light blue with the COM port number and the log box will show Added. If your device isn’t detected then make sure that device drivers are correctly installed. Also try to re-plug your device to another USB port.
- 9Once everything is correct, press Start to start flashing procedure. This may take from 5-20 minutes. DON’T UNPLUG YOUR DEVICE WHILE FLASHING IS BEING PERFORMED OTHER YOUR DEVICE MAY GET HARD BRICKED.
- 10Once the flashing process is completed, your device will restart and you will see PASS with green background in ID: COM box.
Done!! Your device is successfully unbricked now.
Get Tips for your device, Free!
No Spam Promise, Your email address is SAFE with us!