This post here is to unbrick Soft Bricked Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900H only. Don’t try it on any other Samsung Galaxy S5 variant such as T-Mobile, Sprint, US-Cellular, AT&T, Verizon and other International LTE variants. Also this post is for a device which is soft bricked NOT hard bricked (Soft brick vs Hard brick).
We are not responsible for any data loss or other problems that occur by using this tutorial. Flashing ROM deletes internal memory. Use at your own risk.
- 1Samsung USB divers
- 2Stock firmware for Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900H KitKat 4.4.2
- 3Odin file for flashing the firmware
- 4PC with Windows OS on it
All the downloads are provided at the end of the post.
Procedure to unbrick Soft Bricked Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900H
- 1Download and install the USB drivers using the Samsung smartphones and tablets USB drivers installation guide.
- 2Download and extract the Odin zip file, inside you will find Odin3 v3.09.exe. Run it as administrator.
- 3Download a firmware that is released for your region. Be double sure that you download and install firmware of your region only, otherwise you will get problems in getting a network lock. You might even land into more serious problems. For example, for Indian region (INU) the firmware is INS-G900HXXU1ANCI-20140409192745.zip.
- 4Extract the firmware file, you will get a .tar.md5 file. For example, after extracting firmware for Indian region G900HXXU1ANE2_G900HODD1AND2_G900HXXU1ANE2_HOME.tar.md5 file.
- 5Switch off and boot your device in Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power + Home button until you see a Warning! screen. Then press Volume Up button to enter into Download Mode.
- 7On Odin, click on AP button and browse for the .tar.md5 firmware file.
- 9Double check that you followed all the above steps correctly then press Start button to begin flashing procedure. DON’T INTERRUPT FLASHING PROCEDURE UNDER ANY CONDITION OTHERWISE YOUR DEVICE MAY GET HARD BRICKED.
- 11First boot is always the longest, so have patience. Eventually, your device will show you the welcome screen.
Congrats!! Your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900H is successfully unbricked now.
- If you get a FAIL message instead of PASS then it indicates that something went wrong. Disconnect your device, pull out its battery and close Odin. Wait for few minutes and then follow the tutorial once again. This time be sure that you are following the exact same procedure as mentioned here. If you are still getting error then post a comment here along with the Odin’s Message Box’s text.
- If you are stuck in Bootloop i.e. your device is stuck in reboot loop then enter Recovery Mode by pressing and holding power + volume up and home buttons until you see Recovery Mode. Use Volume up/down buttons to move and power button to select. In Recovery Mode, perform cache wipe and then factory reset. Next reboot the device, now it should work properly.
Get Tips for your device, Free!
No Spam Promise, Your email address is SAFE with us!