This post here is to unbrick soft bricked Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo I9300I only. Please don’t try it on any other variant of Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo. Also this tutorial is for soft bricked device only not hard bricked ( don’t know what soft brick and hard brick device is?). If your device is indeed hard bricked, then follow our guide to unbrick hard bricked Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo I9300I.
We are not responsible for any data loss or other problems that occur by using this tutorial. Flashing ROM deletes internal memory. Use at your own risk.
- 1Samsung USB device drivers
- 2Stock firmware Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo
- 3PC with Windows OS on it
- 4Make sure that you have atleast 50% battery charge on your device.
All the downloads are provided at the end of the post.
How to unbrick soft bricked Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo I9300I
- 1Download and extract Odin3 v3.09.zip file on your PC. Inside the folder you will find Odin3 v3.09.exe file.
- 2Download and install the Samsung USB drivers for your device using our guide to install device drivers for Samsung devices.
- 3Download the firmware for Galaxy Neo from the link at the end of the post. Make sure that you are downloading the firmware for correct model and also for your region only. Installing firmware made for different device will result in hard bricked device. Also installing firmware for different region will result in having foreign system language and problems in getting a network lock. Also make sure that you are not downgrading your device. Many times, downgrading results in a soft brick. So, either download firmware for same version as your device was running on or newer version. Thus, make sure that you are downloading correct firmware.
After downloading the firmware file, extract it. Inside you will get a HOME.tar.md5 file.
- 4Power off and boot your device in Download Mode. To get in Download mode, press Volume Down + Home + Power button simultaneously. Now you will be presented with a screen asking your confirmation to enter in Download mode. Press Volume Up button to enter in Download Mode.
- 6On Odin, press the AP button and browse for HOME.tar.md5 file.
- 8Retrace all the steps performed above and make sure that you have followed this guide correctly. Once you are sure that you have done everything properly, press the Start button to begin the flashing procedure. DON’T INTERRUPT THE FLASHING PROCEDURE IN BETWEEN, OTHERWISE YOU WILL HAVE A HARD BRICKED DEVICE.
- 10First boot is always the longest, so have patience. After few minutes, your device will show the Welcome Screen.
Congrats! You have completed “unbrick soft bricked Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo I9300I” guide and unbricked your Neo.
- Odin doesn’t detect your device or connection failure- This might be due to improper device driver installation or Kies interfering in the background. Re-read our guide to install Samsung device drivers and make sure that Kies isn’t running in the background. Kies is know to interfere with Odin.
- Odin shows FAIL! instead of PASS!- This means that some problem occurred in the flashing procedure. Disconnect your device, close Odin, re-insert your battery and follow this guide once again. If the problem persist, add the Odin’s message box’s log and the reason of how you bricked your device in the comment section below.
- Device is stuck in bootloop- Bootloop means that device is stuck in endless reboot. This generally happens after flashing due to the invalid data and cache state. To get rid of bootloop, boot your device in Recovery Mode by pressing and holding Power + Volume Up and Home buttons. Once in Recovery mode, perform a cache wipe and factory reset. Now reboot your device, bootloop problem should be cured.
Get Tips for your device, Free!
No Spam Promise, Your email address is SAFE with us!