This post here is to unbrick soft bricked Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 only. This post here is for Samsung Galaxy S3 model I9300 only. Don’t try it on any other variations. Also this post is for soft bricked device not hard bricked (see the difference).
We are not responsible for any data loss or other problems that occur by using this tutorial. Flashing ROM deletes internal memory. Use at your own risk.
- 1Samsung USB drivers
PC with Windows OS running on it
All the downloading links are provided at the end of the post.
Steps to download stock ROM for Samsung Galaxy S3 :-
- 1Stock ROM can be downloaded from samfirmware.com. Refer this post on how to download ROMs from samfirmware.com
- 2After downloading the ROM unzip it and you will see some .tar files. Do not extract further.
Procedure to unbrick soft bricked Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 :-
- 1Power off and start your device in downloading mode by pressing volume down + home + power button simultaneously until Samsung Galaxy logo appears in phone screen.
- 2Download and Extract Odin, then run Odin3 v3.07.exe as administrator.
- 3Connect your device with USB and plug into PC.
- 4If Odin detects your device then you will see Added message in message box and ID:COMx ( x being a number picked up computer automatically) in yellow.
- 5If Odin doesn’t detect your device then make sure that USB drivers are installed, if not, then re-plug the device.
- 6Once Odin detects your device, select the following buttons and browse appropriate .tar file.
- Press PDA and browse .tar.md5 with code in it’s name.
- Press Phone and browse .tar.md5 with modem in it’s name.
- Press CSC and browse .tar.md5 with csc in it’s name
- Press PIT and browse the .pit file, use only if this file exists in the ROM’s extracted folder otherwise ignore this step.
- 7Make sure that Auto Reboot and F. Reset timer is checked, if you have selected the pit file in above step then only select Re-partition.
- 8Once everything is perfect, Click on Start. Don’t unplug your device or interrupt flashing process any how.
- 9Flashing process may take from 5 – 20 minutes, once flashing is complete then your device will reboot automatically and you will see a PASS message in green in Odin.
Congrats !! Now your device is unbricked.
Get Tips for your device, Free!
No Spam Promise, Your email address is SAFE with us!