This post here is to unbrick soft bricked Samsung Galaxy Note 4 only. Don’t try it on any other Samsung Galaxy Note 4 variants. Also this post here is for soft bricked devices only, not hard bricked (soft bricked and hard bricked devices).
We are not responsible for any data loss or other problems that occur by using this tutorial. Flashing ROM deletes internal memory. Use at your own risk.
- 1Samsung USB device drivers
- 2Stock firmware Samsung Galaxy Note 4
- 3PC with Windows OS on it
- 4Make sure that you have atleast 50% battery charge on your device.
All the downloads are provided at the end of the post.
Unbrick Soft Bricked Samsung Galaxy Note 4
- 1Download and extract Odin3 v3.09.zip on your computer. Inside you will find Odin3 v3.09.exe along with some other files.
- 2Download and install Samsung USB drivers on your PC using our guide mentioned here.
- 3Download firmware for your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using the links provided below. Make sure that you download the firmware for your region only since flashing a firmware of different region might result in foreign language and having problems in getting a network lock. Thus, download the firmware for your region only. Also make sure that you are not downgrading your device, many devices get in Bootloop ( endless reboot loop ) while downgrading so make sure that you are downloading firmware for same Android version your device was on or higher. After extracting the firmware file, you will get a HOME.tar.md5 file.
- 4Switch off and boot your device in Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home and Power buttons simultaneously for few seconds. Press Volume Up on confirmation screen, your device should now boot into the Download Mode.
- 6On Odin, click on the AP button and browse the firmware HOME.tar.md5 file.
- 8Double check all the steps above and make sure that you have followed them properly. Once you are sure, press on the Start button to begin the flashing procedure. DON’T INTERRUPT THE FLASHING PROCEDURE FOR ANY REASONS, IF FLASHING PROCESS IS INTERRUPTED IN BETWEEN, YOU WILL HAVE A HARD BRICKED DEVICE.
- 10First boot is always longest, so have patience. Within few minutes, you’ll be presented with a Welcome Screen.
Congrats! you have unbrick soft bricked Samsung Galaxy Note 4 device successfully. Now you have your device back, make sure to make a Nandroid backup of your device, in case this problem arises again.
- In case Odin doesn’t detect your device properly or you are having a connection failure problem then make sure that you have installed the device drivers properly. Also make sure that Kies isn’t running in the background. Kies is infamous for interfering with Odin.
- If Odin displays FAIL! message instead of PASS! then it means that something went wrong with the flashing procedure. Make sure that you are not downgrading your device and have followed the procedure correctly. Disconnect your device, re-insert the battery, close Odin and follow the procedure once again. If the problem persist, post the entire message of Odin in the comment section below with additional details consisting of how you bricked your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and which firmware version you are trying to flash.
- If your Note 4 is stuck in Bootloop after flashing the new firmware then boot your device in Recovery Mode by pressing and holding Power + Volume Up and Home buttons until you see Recovery Mode. From there, perform a cache wipe and then a factory reset and then reboot. Your Note 4 should work properly now.
- Odin3 v3.09
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910F firmware for Europe
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910K firmware for Korea
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910L firmware for Korea
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910S firmware for Korea
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910C firmware for Asia, Europe, South America
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910H firmware for Asia-Pacific (African countries)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910G firmware for Singapore, India, Australia
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910U firmware for Hong Kong, Taiwan, Australia, New Zealand, Chile
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910W8 firmware for North America
Get Tips for your device, Free!
No Spam Promise, Your email address is SAFE with us!