This post here is to unbrick soft bricked Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-i9082 only. Don’t try it on any other Galaxy Grand variant. Also this post here is for soft bricked devices only not hard bricked (see the difference). This will revert your device to Jelly Bean 4.1.x.
We are not responsible for any data loss or other problems that occur by using this tutorial. Flashing ROM deletes internal memory. Use at your own risk.
- 1Odin file for ROM installation
- 2Android OS ROM
- 3Samsung USB drivers for GT-i9082
- 4PC with Windows OS
All download links are provided at the end of the post.
Procedure to unbrick soft bricked Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-i9082 :-
- 1Download and install Samsung USB drivers, if not already present.
- 2Download and extract Odin file, you will find Odin3 v3.07.exe and some other files.
- 3Download and extract any one of the ROM from the link provided at the end of the post. You will find a .tar/.tar.md5 file. Launch Odin3 v3.07.exe as Administrator.
- 4Make sure that only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check-boxes are checked. Re-partition should be unchecked.
Download and extract any one of the ROM from the link at the end of the post. You might find single/multiple .tar or .tar.md5 files. Run Odin as Administrator.
Single .tar/.tar.md5 file
- Check One Package, Auto Reboot and Protect OPS check boxes in options.
- Click on One Package button and browse the single .tar/.tar.md5 file.
Multiple .tar/.tar.md5 file
- Check Auto Reboot and Protect OPS check boxes only. Make sure that One Package checkbox is unchecked.
- Click on BOOT button and Select .tar/.tar.md5 file with APBOOT in the name, ignore if not present.
- Click on PDA button and Select .tar/.tar.md5 file with CODE / PDA in the name.
- Click on PHONE button and Select .tar/.tar.md5 file with MODEM in the name, ignore if not present.
- Click on CSC button and Select .tar/.tar.md5 file with CSC / CSC-MULTI in the name, ignore if not present.
- Leave EFS blank.
- 6Power off and reboot your device into Downloading Mode by pressing and holding Volume down + Home + Power button until you see a construction Android icon with a warning triangle. Then press Volume up button to enter into downloading mode.
- 8Once every step mentioned above is successfully completed, press Start button to begin flashing procedure. Flashing process take some time so have patience. DON’T INTERRUPT FLASHING PROCEDURE ANYHOW OTHERWISE YOUR DEVICE MAY BE HARD BRICKED.
Done !! Your device is successfully unbricked now.
- If your device suffers bootloop after flashing your device. Then boot your device into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding Home + Power button until you see Recovery Menu. Then select wipe data/partition to clear previous caches and reboot. It should boot successfully now.
Get Tips for your device, Free!
No Spam Promise, Your email address is SAFE with us!