This post here is to unbrick soft bricked Samsung Galaxy Gio GT-S5660 only. Don’t try this on any other Samsung Galaxy variant. Also this post here is for soft bricked device only not hard bricked (see the difference).
We are not responsible for any data loss or other problems that occur by using this tutorial. Flashing ROM deletes internal memory. Use at your own risk.
- 1Odin with OPS file
- 2Android OS ROM
- 3Samsung USB drivers for GT S5660
- 4PC with Windows OS
All download links are provided at the end of the post.
Unbrick soft bricked Samsung Galaxy Gio GT-S5660 :-
- 1Download and install Samsung USB drivers, if not already present.
- 2Download and extract Odin zip file. You will get S5660_Odin_Multi_Downloader_v4.42.exe and GIO_v1.0.ops file.
Download and extract any one of the ROM from the link at the end of the post. You might find single/multiple .tar or .tar.md5 files. Run Odin as Administrator.
Single .tar/.tar.md5 file
- Check One Package, Auto Reboot and Protect OPS check boxes in options.
- Click on One Package button and browse the single .tar/.tar.md5 file.
Multiple .tar/.tar.md5 file
- Check Auto Reboot and Protect OPS check boxes only. Make sure that One Package checkbox is unchecked.
- Click on BOOT button and Select .tar/.tar.md5 file with APBOOT in the name, ignore if not present.
- Click on PDA button and Select .tar/.tar.md5 file with CODE / PDA in the name.
- Click on PHONE button and Select .tar/.tar.md5 file with MODEM in the name, ignore if not present.
- Click on CSC button and Select .tar/.tar.md5 file with CSC / CSC-MULTI in the name, ignore if not present.
- Leave EFS blank.
- 4Click on OPS button and browse GIO_v1.0.ops.
- 5Switch off and boot your device into Downloading Mode by pressing and holding Volume down + Home + Power button until you see downloading screen.
- 6Next plug-in your device into PC using USB cable. If Odin detects your device then ID:COM box will turn yellow and Message box will show Added and Detected message. If not, then make sure that device drivers are correctly installed or try plugging your device into a different USB port.
Done !! Your device is successfully unbricked now.
- If after flashing your device suffers bootloop i.e. device restarts automatically after Samsung logo, boot your device into Recovery mode by pressing and holding Power + Home button. Once in recovery mode, select wipe data/cache partition to clear invalid cache and memory. Then reboot your device. It should boot properly now.
Get Tips for your device, Free!
No Spam Promise, Your email address is SAFE with us!