This post here is to unbrick soft bricked Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4G model SGH-T679 only. Don’t try this on any other Galaxy variant. Also this post is only for a soft bricked device not hard bricked (see the difference). This will flash Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4G to Gingerbread v2.3.
We are not responsible for any data loss or other problems that occur by using this tutorial. Flashing ROM deletes internal memory. Use at your own risk.
- 1Samsung USB drivers for SGH-T679
- 2Odin and stock Android factory images (uvlg3.odin.zip).
- 3PC with Windows OS on it.
All the downloading links are provided at the end of the post.
Unbrick soft bricked Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4G (SGH-T679) :-
- 1Download and install Samsung USB drivers, if not already present.
- 2Unzip the uvlg3.odin.zip on your PC. In there you will find Odin Multi Downloader v4.43.exe, run it as Administrator.
- 3In Odin, make sure that One Package, Auto Reboot, Protect OPS and Reset Time (300 sec) are checked.
- 4Click on OPS button and browse for Ancora.ops file.
- 6Switch off and reboot your device into Downloading mode by pressing and holding Volume down + Power button until you see a Warning! screen. Once there, press Volume up to enter into download mode.
- 7Once in download mode, plug-in your device into PC using USB cable. If Odin detects your device, the Message window at the bottom left should read Added!!! and Detected!!!. If Odin doesn’t detects your device then try to reinstall drivers or plug it into a different USB port.
- 8Once everything is ok, press Start button to begin flashing procedure. DON’T UNPLUG YOUR DEVICE WHILE FLASHING IS BEING PERFORMED OTHERWISE YOUR DEVICE WILL BE HARD BRICKED. Flashing process will take a while so have patience.
- 9Once flashing is successfully completed, Odin will show PASS and your device will reboot. First boot is always longest and will take some time. After some time your device will boot into Gingerbread.
Done !! Your device is successfully unbricked now.
The Ancora.ops file is the uvlg3.odin.zip is missing a line 12,preload. Since the download link was from official source, I never thought of this and I apologize for that. So, DON’T USE THE Ancora.ops FILE FROM uvlg3.odin.zip, USE THE FILE FROM SEPARATE DOWNLOAD.
Get Tips for your device, Free!
No Spam Promise, Your email address is SAFE with us!