This post here is to unbrick soft bricked Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830i only. Don’t try it on any other Ace variant such as S5830. Also this post is only for a soft bricked device not hard bricked (see the difference). This will flash Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830i to Android version 2.3.4.
We are not responsible for any data loss or other problems that occur by using this tutorial. Flashing ROM deletes internal memory. Use at your own risk.
- 1Samsung USB drivers for S5830i
- 2Rom for re-installation
- 3Odin file
- 4PC with Windows OS on it
All the downloading links are provided at the end of the post.
Procedure to unbrick soft bricked Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830i :-
- 1Download and install USB drivers if not already present on your PC.
- 2Download and extract zip from the link at the end of the post. You might get a single/multiple .tar or .tar.md5 files.
- 3Download Odin3 v1.84 if you got multiple .tar or .tar.md5 files or Odin3 v3.07 if you got single .tar or .tar.md5 file from the above step.
- 4Switch off and start your device into downloading mode by pressing and holding volume down + volume up + power buttons until you see the Download mode screen.
- 5Depending on the number of files you got after extracting the zip perform any on of the following :-
Single .tar or .tar.md5 file installation
- Launch Odin3 v3.07.exe as Administrator and connect your device using USB cable. If Odin detects your device then ID:COM port at Odin3 v3.07 turns blue.
- Click PDA and browse the file with .tar or .tar.md5 extension.
- Make sure that only Auto Reboot and F Reset time check boxes are checked. Re partition should be unchecked.
- Press Start to begin flashing procedure.
Multiple .tar.md5 file installation
- Launch Odin3 v1.84 as Administrator and connect your device using USB cable. If Odin detects your device then ID:COM port at Odin3 v1.84 turns yellow.
- Make sure that Re partition, Auto Reboot and F Reset Time check boxes are checked.
- Click on PIT button and browse the cooperve_0623.pit file.
- Click on PDA button and browse the file with CODE in its name.
- Click on CSC button and browse the file with CSC in its name.
- Click on Phone and browse the file with MODEM in its name.
- Finally press Start to begin the flashing procedure.
- 7First Reboot is always the longest, so have patience.
Done !! your device is successfully unbricked now.
- If you get a bootloop i.e device keeps starting after Samsung logo then boot your device in recovery mode by pressing and holding home + power button, until you see recovery menu.
- Navigate up/down using the volume buttons, browse to wipe data and select using home button.
- Select Reboot now to reboot your device successfully into Gingerbread.
Get Tips for your device, Free!
No Spam Promise, Your email address is SAFE with us!