This post here is to unbrick soft bricked Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 only. Please don’t try it on any other S5830 variant i.e i/M/C. Also this post is for soft bricked device only not hard bricked (see the difference). This will flash Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to Android version 2.3.x.
We are not responsible for any data loss or other problems that occur by using this tutorial. Flashing ROM deletes internal memory. Use at your own risk.
- 1Samsung USB drivers
- 2Odin files
- 3Stock ROM 2.3.x
- 4PC with Windows OS on it
All the downloading links are provided at the end of the post.
Procedure to unbrick soft bricked Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 :-
- 1Download and install Samsung USB drivers if not already present.
- 2Download ROM from samfirmware.com using the mentioned tutorial. After downloading ROM, extract it and you will either find one or multiple ( usually 4) .tar or .tar.md5 file.
- 3Download and extract Odin and then launch ODIN v4.38.
- 4Power off and start your device in downloading mode using volume down + home + power button. Now plug in your device into PC using USB cable.
- 5If Odin detects your device you will see a yellow highlighted box with ID:COMx ( x being automatically generated by computer).
- 6If you got single .tar or .tar.md5 file after extracting stock ROM zip file then in Odin click on One Package button and browse the file.
If you got multiple .tar or .tar.md5 file then in Odin
- Click on BOOT button and browse .tar (or .tar.md5) file with APBOOT in the name.
- Click on PDA button and browse .tar (or .tar.md5) file with CODE / PDA in the name.
- Click on PHONE button and browse .tar (or .tar.md5) file with MODEM in the name.
- Click on CSC button and browse .tar (or .tar.md5) file with CSC/ CSC-MULTI in the name.
- 8Click on OPS button and browse for Cooper_v1.0.ops.
- 10Once everything is ok, press Start button.
- 12Now your device will reboot. First reboot always take sometime so have patience.
Done !! Your device is successfully unbricked now.
- If you get a bootloop i.e device keeps starting after Samsung logo then start device in recovery mode using home + power button.
- Navigate using the volume buttons, browse to wipe data and select using home button.
- Select Reboot now to reboot your device successfully.
Get Tips for your device, Free!
No Spam Promise, Your email address is SAFE with us!