This is guide to unbrick soft bricked Samsung Galaxy 5 I5500 only. Don’t try it on any other Galaxy 5 variant. Also this post is for a device which is soft bricked NOT hard bricked (see here for the difference).
We are not responsible for any data loss or other problems that occur by using this tutorial. Flashing ROM deletes internal memory. Use at your own risk.
- 1Samsung USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy 5 I5500
- 2Android OS Firmware
- 3Odin file
- 4PC with Windows OS on it
Procedure to unbrick soft bricked Samsung Galaxy 5 I5500 :-
- 1Download and install Samsung USB drivers if not already present from the links at the end of the post.
- 2Download and extract Odin zip file. You will get Odin Multi Downloader v4.28.exe and EUROPA_I5508_v1.0.ops.
- 3Download and extract your ROM. You will find a single .tar or multiple .tar.md5 files.
- 4Run Odin Multi Downloader v4.28.exe as Administrator. Click on OPS button and browse EUROPA_I5508_v1.0.ops.
- 6If you got single .tar file then check One Package in Options. Next click on PDA button and browse the .tar.
- 7If you got multiple .tar.md5 files then do the following :-
- Click on BOOT and browse for file with BOOTLOADER or BOOT in its name
- Click on PHONE and select file with MODEM in its name.
- Click on PDA and browse a file with PDA or CODE in it’s name.
- Click on CSC and browse for a file with CSC in it’s name.
- 8Make sure that Auto Reboot and Protect OPS check boxes are checked in Options.
- 10Once flashing process is finished, your device will reboot into Gingerbread 2.x.
Done!! Your device should be unbricked now.
Get Tips for your device, Free!
No Spam Promise, Your email address is SAFE with us!