This post here is to unbrick soft bricked Samsung Epic 4G Touch SPH-D710 (Sprint) only. Don’t try it on any other Samsung Epic variant. Also this post here is for soft bricked devices only not hard bricked (Soft brick vs Hard Brick). Please note that ROM used in this tutorial recovers your device in a rooted state. To know about more about rooting or how to unroot after unbricking your device see the Remove root section near the end of the post.
We are not responsible for any data loss or other problems that occur by using this tutorial. Flashing ROM deletes internal memory. Use at your own risk.
- 1Android USB divers
- 2Stock Image
- 3Odin file
- 4PC with Windows OS on it
All the downloads are provided at the end of the post.
Procedure to unbrick soft bricked Samsung Epic 4G Touch SPH-D710 (Sprint)
- 1Download and install Samsung USB drivers from the end of the post, if not already present.
- 2Download and extract Epic4GTouchUnrootEL29.zip. Inside you will find OSPH-D710.EL29_CL852097_ROOTED-OneClick.exe . Run it as Administrator, this will launch Odin program.
- 3Power off and boot your device into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume down + Power button for about 5 seconds. Once you see Warning screen press Volume up button once more to enter into download mode.
- 4Now connect your device to PC using the USB cable. If Odin detects your device then one of the ID:COM box will turn yellow with a COM port number. If Odin doesn’t detect your device then make sure that device drivers are correctly installed or try replugging your device into a different USB port.
- 5Once you have performed all the steps above press Start button to begin flashing process. DON’T INTERRUPT FLASHING PROCESS ANYHOW OTHERWISE YOUR DEVICE MAY BE HARD BRICKED. This will restore your device to EL29 stock ROM but it is rooted.
- 7First reboot is the longest and may take sometime. But once the reboot process is complete your device will boot into your home screen.
Congrats, you have successfully unbricked your device.
- You phone is in rooted state now. Don’t know what root is ? See Rooting : Advantages and Disadvantages to know about rooting with it’s advantages and disadvantages.
- If you want to return your device to service center/customer care for warranty purpose then follow the procedure below to remove super user from your device.
Remove Root/Super user app from Samsung Epic 4G Touch SPH-D710 (Sprint)
- 1Start your app and download ES File Explorer from the Google Play and run it.
- 3Click on Favorites and then /
- 4Browse /system/app and you will find Superuser.apk, delete it.
- 6Choose wipe data/factory reset and then reboot.
Now your device is completely in stock state and you can return it for warranty or other such purposes.
Get Tips for your device, Free!
No Spam Promise, Your email address is SAFE with us!