This post here is to Unbrick Soft Bricked Samsung Epic 4G SPH-D700. Don’t try it on any other Advance variant. Also this post here is only for soft bricked devices only not hard bricked (Difference between soft bricked and hard bricked device).
We are not responsible for any data loss or other problems that occur by using this tutorial. Flashing ROM deletes internal memory. Use at your own risk.
- 1Odin file to flash ROM
- 2Android firmware for your device
- 3Samsung USB drivers for your device
- 4PC with Windows OS
All download links are provided at the end of the post.
Procedure to Unbrick soft bricked Samsung Epic 4G SPH-D700
- 1Download and install Samsung USB drivers from the link below, if not already present.
- 2Download and extract android firmware zip file that you got from the link below. You will find single SPH-D700-FC09-8Gb-REL.tar.md5.
- 3Download and extract Odin zip file and you will find Odin3 v1.87.exe and some other files. Run it as Administrator.
Follow the steps below :
- Check Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check boxes only. Check Re-partition only if pit file is selected (victory_8G_100528.pit).
- Click on PDA button and browse for SPH-D700-FC09-8Gb-REL.tar.md5 file.
- 5Switch off and boot your device into Download Mode by pressing and holding the 1 key and the Power button.
- 6Next connect your device to your PC using USB cable. If Odin detect your device then Odin’s ID: COM box will turn to light blue and a COM port number will appear under it. Additionally Odin’s log message box will show “Added” and “Detected” message. If not, then make sure that USB drivers are correctly installed. Also try replugging your device into a different USB port.
- 7Once all the above steps are performed correctly, press Start button to begin installation procedure. MAKE SURE THAT YOU DON’T INTERRUPT FLASHING PROCEDURE ONCE IT HAS STARTED OTHERWISE YOU WILL HARD BRICK YOUR DEVICE.
- 8Flashing process may take few minutes so have patience. Once the flashing process is complete, Odin will show PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. Your device will reboot then and then boot successfully.
Done!! Your device is unbricked successfully now.
- If your device suffers a bootloop after ROM installation then go into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Camera + Power button together. Then perform Wipe data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition. Now you can restart your device and it will boot correctly.
Get Tips for your device, Free!
No Spam Promise, Your email address is SAFE with us!