This post here is to unbrick soft bricked Samsung Captivate Glide SGH-i927 (AT&T) only. Don’t try it on any other Samsung Captivative variant. Also this post here is for soft bricked devices only not hard bricked (Soft brick vs Hard Brick).
We are not responsible for any data loss or other problems that occur by using this tutorial. Flashing ROM deletes internal memory. Use at your own risk.
- 1Android USB divers
- 2Stock Image
- 3Odin file
- 4PC with Windows OS on it
All the downloads are provided at the end of the post.
Procedure to unbrick soft bricked Samsung Captivate Glide SGH-i927 (AT&T)
- 1Download and install Samsung USB drivers from the end of the post, if not already present.
- 2Download and extract Odin zip file. Inside you will find Odin3 v1.85.exe along with some other files. Run it as Administrator.
- 3Download ROM and extract it. It will contain I927UCLJ3_I927UCALJ3_I927UCALJ3_HOME.tar.md5 file.On Odin, click on PDA button and browse it.
- 4Make sure that only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Timer check boxes are checked. Repartition check box should be unchecked.
- 5Power off and boot your device into Download Mode.Press and hold Volume up button and press power button once. Release Volume up button when you see a Option screen. Then press Volume up button once more to enter into download mode.
- 6Next connect your device to PC using the USB cable. If Odin detects your device then one of the ID:COM box will turn yellow with a COM port number. Additionally Odin’s Message box will show “Added” and “Detected” message. If Odin doesn’t detect your device then make sure that device drivers are correctly installed or try replugging your device into a different USB port.
- 7Once you have performed all the steps above press Start button to begin flashing process. DON’T INTERRUPT FLASHING PROCESS ANYHOW OTHERWISE YOUR DEVICE MAY BE HARD BRICKED.
- 9First reboot is the longest and may take sometime. But once the reboot process is complete your device will boot into your home screen.
Congrats, you have successfully unbricked your device.
- If your device suffers bootloop i.e. reboot automatically after Samsung logo, after flashing with Odin, then boot into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Volume Down keys. Then press Power button for about 4 seconds (until screen comes on), then release it but continue to hold the both volume keys until you are in recovery mode.
- Then do a factory reset and reboot afterwards.
Get Tips for your device, Free!
No Spam Promise, Your email address is SAFE with us!