This post here is to unbrick soft bricked Nexus 7 only. Please don’t try it on other Nexus variants. Also this post it for soft bricked Nexus 7 only not hard bricked (see the difference).
We are not responsible for any data loss or other problems that occur by using this tutorial. Flashing ROM deletes internal memory. Use at your own risk.
- 1ADB software
- 2Factory image of Nexus 7
- 3USB drivers for Nexus 7
- 4PC with Windows OS on it
Downloading links are provided at the bottom
Procedure to unbrick soft bricked Nexus 7
- 1Download the ADB rar from the links below and extract it.
- 2Download the factory image of Nexus 7 from the links provided at the bottom and extract it inside the folder where you extracted the ADB. Then open command prompt, using win + R, type in cmd and then press enter.
If you are booted, i.e. your device is on, then enter the following command on command prompt.
adb reboot bootloader
- 3If your device is powered off then press and hold both volume keys + power button simultaneously. This will boot your device in bootloader.
Now type in the following code one by one
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-grouper-4.23.img
fastboot -w update image-nakasi-jwr66v.zip
Optional – If you want to lock your bootloader for warranty then enter the following code
fastboot oem lock
If your device hasn’t rebooted automatically, enter
Done !! Now your device is on stock 4.3 with a locked bootloader (if you entered the command).
Get Tips for your device, Free!
No Spam Promise, Your email address is SAFE with us!