This post here is to unbrick soft bricked Motorola Moto X only. Don’t try it on any other Moto variant. Also this post is for a device which is soft bricked NOT hard bricked (Soft brick vs Hard brick).
We are not responsible for any data loss or other problems that occur by using this tutorial. Flashing ROM deletes internal memory. Use at your own risk.
- 1Motorola Moto X USB drivers
- 2Moto X Android firmware file
- 3RSD Lite v6.1.5
- 4Windows PC
Procedure to unbrick soft bricked Motorola Moto X
- 1Download and install Moto X usb drivers.
- 2Download firmware for your Motorola Moto X. Make sure that it is for your model. Unzipping the Moto X firmware file.
- 4Search (press Ctrl+F then enter the text) for a line <step operation=”getvar” var=”max-download-size” />, delete this line and save the file.
- 7Switch off then start it while pressing Volume Down + Power Button simultaneously for few seconds. This will enter your device in Fastboot Mode.
- 9If your device is detected, it will be shown in list shown above. If your Moto X isn’t detected, make sure that device drivers are installed correctly. Try uninstalling and reinstalling device drivers or plug it in a different USB port.
- 10If your device is detected, press Start to begin flashing procedure. DON’T INTERRUPT FLASHING PROCEDURE FOR ANY REASON OTHERWISE YOUR DEVICE MIGHT GET HARD BRICKED.
Congrats!! Your device is successfully unbricked now.
- Dual SIM model- The firmware file has _umtsds in it’s file name.
- Single SIM model- The firmware don’t has _umtsds in it’s file name.
Flashing incorrect firmware will result in network issues.
Get Tips for your device, Free!
No Spam Promise, Your email address is SAFE with us!