This post here is to unbrick soft bricked Motorola Moto G only. Don’t try it on any other Moto variant. Also this post is for a device which is soft bricked NOT hard bricked (Soft brick vs Hard brick).
We are not responsible for any data loss or other problems that occur by using this tutorial. Flashing ROM deletes internal memory. Use at your own risk.
- 1Motorola Moto G USB drivers
- 2Android firmware file
- 3RSD Lite program
- 4Windows PC
Procedure to unbrick soft bricked Motorola Moto G
- 1Download and install Moto G usb drivers.
- 2Download stock firmware for your Motorola Moto G. Make sure that it is for your model. Unzipping the file.
- 4Search for a line with string <step operation=”getvar” var=”max-download-size” /> (press Ctrl+F then enter the text), delete that line and save the file (press Ctrl+S).
Download and install RSD Lite program program on your PC.
- 7Start your device in Fastboot Mode. To get in Fastboot Mode, power off your device and switch it on while pressing Volume Down + Power Button simultaneously for few seconds.
- 9If your device gets detected, it will be shown along with Model, IMEI number and other details. If it isn’t detected then make sure that device drivers are installed correctly. If your device is detected, press Start to begin flashing procedure. DON’T INTERRUPT FLASHING PROCEDURE FOR ANY REASON OTHERWISE YOUR DEVICE MIGHT GET HARD BRICKED.
Congrats!! Your device is successfully unbricked now.
- Dual SIM model- The firmware file with _umtsds in it’s name are for the Dual-SIM variant of Moto G.
- Single SIM model- The firmware without _umtsds are for the Single-SIM variant of Moto G. Flashing incorrect firmware will result in network issues.
Get Tips for your device, Free!
No Spam Promise, Your email address is SAFE with us!