This post here is to unbrick soft bricked Motorola DROID 3 (MotoBlur 5.6.890 OTA from Verizon). Please don’t try it on any other variant. Also this post is only for a soft bricked device not hard bricked (see the difference). This will flash Motorola DROID 3 to Android version 2.3.4.
We are not responsible for any data loss or other problems that occur by using this tutorial. Flashing ROM deletes internal memory. Use at your own risk.
- 1USB drivers for Motorola DROID 3
- 2One click unbrick package
- 3PC with Windows OS on it
All the downloading links are provided at the end of the post.
Procedure to unbrick soft bricked Motorola DROID 3 :-
- 1Download and install USB drivers for Motorola Droid 3 if not already present.
- 2Download and extract the content of UnbrickVerizonDROID3_modern.zip to a new folder.
Switch off and remove battery from the device, wait for a few seconds and then put it in.
- 4Get into boot menu by pressing and holding M button of your device’s keyboard + power button together until you see a black and white boot menu.
- 5You have 20 seconds before device reboots again. So before it happens, use the volume down button to highlight AP Fastboot and then press volume up button to select it. Now you will enter into Fastboot mode.
- 6Once device is in Fastboot mode, connect your device to PC using USB cable.
- 7Now open the folder where you unzipped the unbrick package and double click on CLICK HERE – Flash Verizon DROID 3 OTA 5.6.890 to phone.bat.This will start flashing process.
- 8This process may take some time to complete but once completed your device will restart automatically into Gingerbread 2.3.4 (MotoBlur 5.6.890 OTA from Verizon).
Done !! Your device is unbricked now.
Get Tips for your device, Free!
No Spam Promise, Your email address is SAFE with us!