This post here is to unbrick soft bricked Moto E (XT1021/XT1023) only. Please don’t try it any other Moto E variants. Also this post here is for soft bricked device NOT hard bricked ( see the difference between soft bricked and hard bricked devices).
We are not responsible for any data loss or other problems that occur by using this tutorial. Flashing ROM deletes internal memory. Use at your own risk.
- 1Moto E USB drivers
- 2Stock firmware for Moto E (XT1021/XT1023)
- 3PC with Windows OS on it
- 4Make sure that you have sufficient battery charge on your device.
All the downloads are provided at the end of the post.
How to unbrick soft bricked Moto E (XT1021/XT1023)
- 1Download and install Moto E drivers on your PC.
- 2Power off and boot your device while pressing and holding Volume Down + Power button at the same time.
- 3Your device will boot into bootloader menu, this is called Fastboot mode.
Download and extract ADB_and_Fastboot_Files.zip on your PC. Inside you will find the following files.
- 6Connect your Moto E to PC via the USB cable.
- 7On command prompt, type in the following command
You should see a device ID on command prompt, if not, there is something wrong with device driver installation. Make sure that you have properly installed the device drivers and plugged in your device.
- 8Download and extract the firmware folder on your PC. Inside the folder, you will find the following bat files-
- Remove unlock bootloader logo – This bat file will unlock Moto E bootloader.
- Restore & Relock bootloader full wipe – This bat fill re-lock your device to the original factory state.
- Restore firmware No Data Wipe – This bat file will restore your Moto E to stock firmware WITHOUT removing any previous data.
- Normal Stock Firmware Restore – This bat file will also restore your Moto E to stock firmware but it WILL wipe all the previous data.
- 9Although you can use Restore firmware No Data Wipe bat file to unbrick Moto E but it might put your device in bootloop. Thus, make sure that you select Normal Stock Firmware Restore bat file.
- 10The Normal Stock Firmware Restore bat file will perform the required steps automatically. Once the process is complete, your device will reboot automatically.
Done! Congrats, you have completed unbrick soft bricked Moto E tutorial successfully and recovered your Moto E.
Get Tips for your device, Free!
No Spam Promise, Your email address is SAFE with us!