This post here is to unbrick soft bricked LG G3 only. Please don’t try it on any LG devices. This post will also work if you want to install stock firmware on LG G3 or unroot LG G3. Also this post here is for soft bricked devices only not hard bricked ( soft brick vs hard brick ).
We are not responsible for any data loss or other problems that occur by using this tutorial. Flashing ROM deletes internal memory. Use at your own risk.
- 1LG Flashtool program
- 2Stock firmware for your model of LG G3
- 3DLL file for you model of G3
- 4LG drivers for Windows
- 5PC with Windows on it
All the downloads are provided at the end of the post.
How to unbrick soft bricked LG G3
- 1Download and install LG USB drivers on your PC.
- 2Download firmware for your model of LG G3 only. Also, download the DLL file for your version of G3. If your model isn’t listed, write a comment below and we’ll try to add firmware for your model. DON’T FLASH FIRMWARE OF A DIFFERENT MODEL OTHERWISE YOU WILL HAVE A HARD BRICKED DEVICE.
Unzip the stock firmware zip file and you will find a file ending with .tot extension.
- 3Download and unzip the LG Flash tool program on your PC. Inside the folder, you will find a Setup EXE and MegaLock.dll file. Double click the EXE file to install the program on your PC. Don’t run the program after installing it, just copy the MegaLock.dll file to C:\LG\LGFlashTool.
- 4Connect your micro USB cable to PC. Power off your LG G3 and then while holding Volume Up button, connect micro USB to your device. You should now see Download Mode message on your device. After sometime, it will change to Firmware Update screen.
- 5Open Device Manager, under Ports (COM & LPT) you will find LGE Mobile USB Serial Port along with COM port. If you don’t see COM41 written on it, double click on it. Go to Port Setting tab and click on the Advance button. Now under the COM port number, select COM 41. LG Flashtool software need COM41 port number to work.
- 8After sometime (about 2-3 minutes), LG Flashtool will begin installing the stock firmware on your device.
- 10Pull out your battery now, then plug in and your device will boot now. Within few minutes, you will see a Welcome Screen.
That’s it! You have an unbricked LG G3 device.
Some of the users are getting Factory Reset 2 screen after flashing stock ROM instead of Factory Reset 3 screen. There is nothing wrong with this guide, this issue comes with only few devices so you might not get it. But if you do, I have made a guide to how to get rid of this issue. If your device is giving Factory Reset 2 screen after flashing the firmware then you can follow my guide to unbrick LG G3 stuck on factory reset 2. USE THE GUIDE ONLY IF YOUR DEVICE SHOWS FACTORY RESET 2 SCREEN.
Get Tips for your device, Free!
No Spam Promise, Your email address is SAFE with us!