This tutorial is to unbrick soft bricked LG G2 only. Don’t try it on any other LG variant. Also this post is for soft bricked device only not hard bricked (Soft brick vs Hard brick).
We are not responsible for any data loss or other problems that occur by using this tutorial. Flashing ROM deletes internal memory. Use at your own risk.
This tutorial here applies only to:-
- AT&T G2 D800
- Korean LG G2 F320K
- Korean LG G2 F320L
- Korean G2 (SKT) F320S
- LG G2 D802
- LG G2 D805 (Brazil, Mexico, Panama)
- Sprint G2 LS980
- T-Mobile G2 D801
- Verizon G2 VS980
Please don’t try it on any model other than mentioned above, it might hard brick your device.
- Stock firmware (for your device only)
- LG Mobile Support Tool
- Flashing Tool
- LG G2 USB drivers
- A Windows PC
All the downloads are provided at the end of the post.
Procedure to unbrick soft bricked LG G2
- 1Download and install USB drivers for your device. Also install B2CAppSetup.exe which is a LG Mobile Support Tool.
- 2Download correct firmware for your device. Double check this step otherwise you might hard brick your device.
- 3Switch off and boot your device into Download Mode by pressing Volume Up button then insert USB cable into the device. While keeping Volume Up button pressed, connect your device with PC.
- 4When you plug in your device into PC, Windows should detect it. If not try reinstalling device drivers again.
- 5Download and extract FlashTool.1.0.54.rar, you will find UpTestEx.exe. Run it as administrator and a new window will open.
- 6On that new window, click on Select Type and then browse 3GQCT from the list.
- 7Next click on Phone mode and browse DIAG from the list.
- 8Under Select Kdz file, browse the firmware file for your device.
- 12Now click OK to start installation. DON”T INTERRUPT FLASHING PROCEDURE FOR ANY REASONS WHATSOEVER OTHERWISE YOUR DEVICE MAY BE HARD BRICKED.
- 13Flashing process might take some time so have patience. Once flashing process is complete, your device will reboot. You can now unplug your device.
Done!! You device is successfully unbricked now.
- If your device suffers bootloop i.e reboot constantly then enter in Recovery Mode by pressing Volume Down + Power button.
- This step will factory reset your device.
Get Tips for your device, Free!
No Spam Promise, Your email address is SAFE with us!