This post here is to unbrick soft bricked AT&T HTC One M7 only. Don’t try it on any other HTC One variant. Also this post is for a device which is soft bricked NOT hard bricked (Soft brick vs Hard brick).
We are not responsible for any data loss or other problems that occur by using this tutorial. Flashing ROM deletes internal memory. Use at your own risk.
- 1HTC USB divers
- 2ROM update Utility (RUU) for AT&T HTC One M7
- 3PC with Windows OS on it
All the downloads are provided at the end of the post.
Procedure to unbrick soft bricked AT&T HTC One M7
This tutorial is divided into two parts. First part provides users with unlocked bootloader, procedure to lock their bootloader once again. This is necessary before trying to install stock ROM. You can’t install stock ROM on a device with unlocked bootloader. Second part provide tutorial about how to install stock ROM on your AT&T HTC One M7.
If any user has locked bootloader then follow this guide to unlock it. Without following this procedure you can’t install stock ROM on your device. Users with locked bootloader must skip this step.
Installing Stock ROM on AT&T HTC One M7
After locking your bootloader, you can use the ROM Update Utility (RUU) to install stock firmware on your HTC One.
- 1Download RUU from the links below. Launch the .exe file to launch the system update wizard.
- 2RUU will provide you with step by step instructions about how to install stock firmware on your device. DON’T INTERRUPT FLASHING PROCEDURE FOR ANY REASONS WHATSOEVER.
- 3Once the update is complete, click on Finish button. Your device will reboot now.
- 4Now, you will be presented with initial setup wizard.
- 5Once initial setup wizard is complete, your device will boot into home screen and work properly.
Congrats!! Your device is successfully unbricked now.
- Boot your device into fastboot by pressing and holding Volume Down and press power button for 3 seconds. Use Volume Up & Volume Down buttons to scroll and power button to select. Select recovery by pressing power button once.
- From main menu select wipe dalvik cache to clear dalvik cache.
- Select wipe cache partition to clear invalid caches.
- Select factory reset to reset your device to factory state.
- Next reboot your device, it should boot normally now.
Get Tips for your device, Free!
No Spam Promise, Your email address is SAFE with us!