This post here is to unbrick Soft Bricked AT&T Samsung Galaxy Mega SGH-I527 only. Don’t try it on any other Galaxy Mega variant. Also this post is for a device which is soft bricked NOT hard bricked (Soft brick vs Hard brick).
We are not responsible for any data loss or other problems that occur by using this tutorial. Flashing ROM deletes internal memory. Use at your own risk.
- 1Android USB divers
- 2Stock Image
- 3Odin file
- 4PC with Windows OS on it
All the downloads are provided at the end of the post.
Procedure to unbrick Soft Bricked AT&T Samsung Galaxy Mega SGH-I527
- 1Download and install Samsung USB drivers if not already present.
- 2Download and extract Odin zip file, inside you will find Odin3 v1.85.exe along with .pit file Samsung_I527_PIT.PIT. Run it as Administrator. Click on PIT button and browse the .pit file.
- 3Download the ROM file from the end of the post and you will get a file named I527UCUAMK2_I527ATTAMK2_I527UCUAMK2_HOME.tar.md5. On Odin, click on PDA button and browse it.
- 4Make sure that Re-partition, F. Reset time and Auto Reboot are check boxes are checked.
- 5Switch off and power your device in Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power buttons together until you see a Warning screen. Then press Volume Up button to enter into download mode.
- 6Now connect your device into PC using the USB cable.
- 8Once everything is set, press Start button to begin flashing procedure. DON’T INTERRUPT FLASHING PROCEDURE UNDER ANY CONDITION OTHERWISE YOUR DEVICE MAY GET HARD BRICKED.
- 9Flashing process takes some time, so be patient. Your device may automatically reboot several times during flashing, don’t get scared. After flashing process completes, your device will automatically boot successfully.
- 10First boot is always the longest. After flashing process completes, your device will automatically boot successfully.
Congrats! Your Samsung Galaxy Mega is successfully unbricked now.
- If your device suffers bootloop i.e. device reboot of after Galaxy logo after flashing this ROM then enter into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding Volume up + Home + Power button until you see Galaxy logo and then wait for it to enter you into Recovery Mode.
- After entering Recovery Mode, wipe cache and data/factory reset and then reboot. Your device must work properly now.
Get Tips for your device, Free!
No Spam Promise, Your email address is SAFE with us!