This post here is to unbrick LG G3 stuck on factory reset 2 message only. Don’t try this method if your G3 isn’t stuck on factory reset 2 error. I already have a guide to unbrick soft bricked LG G3 which can be used if you want to unroot or return to stock ROM, use that instead. Also, this guide here is for soft bricked LG G3 only, not hard bricked ( what is difference between soft brick and hard brick ?).
We are not responsible for any data loss or other problems that occur by using this tutorial. Flashing ROM deletes internal memory. Use at your own risk.
- 1LG Flashtool program for flashing ROM on your device
- 2Stock firmware for your model of LG G3
- 3DLL file for you model of LG G3
- 4LG drivers for Windows
- 5PC with Windows on it
All the download links are provided at the end of the post.
How to Unbrick LG G3 Stuck on Factory Reset 2
- 1Download and install LG USB drivers on your PC. If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or higher, please disable the Driver Signature Enforcement from the advanced start up settings. (Google it, if you are unsure)
- 2Download firmware for your model of LG G3 along with the DLL file made specifically for your device version. If you don’t find your model of G3 listed, then mention your model in the comments below, we’ll try to find a firmware for your device.
Extract the firmware file you just downloaded to a folder. Inside, you will find a file ending with .TOT extension. DON’T FLASH FIRMWARE OF A DIFFERENT MODEL OTHERWISE YOU WILL HAVE A HARD BRICKED DEVICE.
- 3Download and extract the LG Flash tool program in a folder. Inside the folder, you will find a Setup EXE and MegaLock.dll file. Install the LG Flash tool on your PC but don’t run it. After installing, copy the MegaLock.dll file to C:\LG\LGFlashTool or custom install location, if applicable.
- 4Insert the USB cable that came with your device to PC but don’t plug it into the device yet. Switch off your LG G3, press and hold Volume Up button and connect the micro USB to your device. You will see that your device’s screen now shows Download Mode message which will change to Firmware Update screen after some time.
- 5If the device drivers were installed properly then your PC should detect the device. Now open Device Manager -> Ports (COM & LPT), you will find LGE Mobile USB Serial Port along with a COM port assigned by the Windows. If the COM port is other than COM41 then double click on it. A new window will open, click on Port Setting tab and click on the Advance button. Select COM 41 from the COM port number drop down. LG Flashtool software won’t flash ROM onto your device unless it’s connected to port COM41, so make sure that your device is connected to PC via COM41.
- 7Once you are ready to install the firmware, click on Right Arrow button. LG flash tool will check the firmware files to find any problems with the current firmware like corrupt download, etc. After it finishes file checking, the software will display READY!!. When you see this message unplug your device from PC, wait for about 5 seconds and then plug-in your device back.
- 8LG Flashtool will begin installing the stock firmware on your device within next 2-3 minutes. When LG Flashtool begins flashing the firmware, it will begin showing the progress message.
- 9After the firmware installation is complete, a PASS!! message will be displayed and your device will show a screen with AT&T message saying Do not touch your screen (or something similar). IGNORE the message and press OK button on the screen. Now press and hold the power button and tap on the screen where it says Normal & Power button (or something similar).
- 10Your device will reboot now. If it doesn’t then take out the battery, put it in and power on the device. Your device should boot properly now.
That’s it! You have an unbricked LG G3 device and got rid of the Factory Reset 2 error.
Get Tips for your device, Free!
No Spam Promise, Your email address is SAFE with us!