This post here will help you to unbrick hard bricked Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 and will restore the phone in a state so that Odin can be used to restore the ROM. This post is for hard brick phone only. (See the difference).
We are not responsible for any data loss or other problems that occur by using this tutorial. Flashing ROM deletes internal memory. Use at your own risk.
- 1Bricked Galaxy Note 3 (SM-900A)
- 2microSD card and card reader (all data will be erased from this sdcard)
- 3Linux / OS X ( can use vmware or live running OS)
- 4Unbrick Image (Links provided below)
Unbrick hard bricked Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 (SPH-L710) procedure :-
- 1Boot into Linux / OS X and open terminal.
- 2Insert your microSD card into the reader and plug into your your computer
Run on terminal
dmesg | tail
You will get output that will show that SDCard is mounted via /sdX
sudo dd if=/<path_to_unbrick.img> of=/dev/sdX
X is taken from the step above. Ignore the partitions since they will be removed automatically.
sudo fdisk -l /dev/sdX
It should show approximately 29 partitions . Again X is from above.
- 6Remove the battery and SIM from your device and insert the SDCard and insert the battery again.
- 7Press the power button, it should boot now.
- 8Reboot the device into Download mode using Volume Down + Home + Power
- 9Now this method to install the ROM onto the internal memory of the device.
Get Tips for your device, Free!
No Spam Promise, Your email address is SAFE with us!