This post here is to unbrick hard bricked AT&T Galaxy Note 3 (SM-900A) only. Please don’t try this on any other AT&T Galaxy Note 3 models. Also this post is for only hard brick device only (see the difference).
We are not responsible for any data loss or other problems that occur by using this tutorial. Flashing ROM deletes internal memory. Use at your own risk.
- Bricked Galaxy Note 3 (SM-900A)
- microSD card and card reader (all data will be erased from this sdcard)
- Linux / OS X ( can use vmware or live running OS)
- Unbrick Image (Links provided below)
- Stock Odin Files for SM-900A (Links provided below)
Procedure to unbrick hard bricked AT&T Galaxy Note 3 (SM-900A) procedure :-
- Boot into Linux / OS X and open terminal.
- Insert your microSD card into the reader and plug into your your computer
- Run on terminal
dmesg | tail
You will get output that will show that SDCard is mounted via /sdX
sudo dd if=/<path_to_debrick.img> of=/dev/sdX
X is taken from the step above. Ignore the partitions since they will be removed automatically.
- It should show approximately 29 partitions . Again X is from above.
sudo fdisk -l /dev/sdX
- Remove the battery and SIM from your device and insert the SDCard and insert the battery again.
- Press the power button, it should boot now.
- Reboot the device into Download mode using Volume Down + Home + Power
- Now this method to install the ROM onto the internal memory of the device.
Get Tips for your device, Free!
No Spam Promise, Your email address is SAFE with us!