This post here is to unbrick AT&T Moto X XT1058 only. Don’t try it on any other Moto X variant. Also this post only applies to soft bricked AT&T Moto X (XT1058) not hard bricked (Soft brick vs Hard brick).
We are not responsible for any data loss or other problems that occur by using this tutorial. Flashing ROM deletes internal memory. Use at your own risk.
- 1AT&T Motorola Moto X USB drivers
- 2AT&T Moto X Android firmware file
- 3RSD Lite v6.1.5
- 4Windows PC
All the download links are provided at the end of the post.
How to unbrick AT&T Moto X XT1058
- 1Download and install Moto X drivers on your PC.
- 2Download and extract “ATT_XT1058_4.4.2-KXA20.16-1.31.1_CFC_1FF.xml.zip” on your PC. You will get the following files :-
Open “ATT_XT1058_4.4.2-KXA20.16-1.31.1_CFC_1FF.xml” using a text editor such as Notepad. Look for the following line in the file and delete it. Save the file after deleting the line.
<step operation="getvar" var="max-download-size" />
This step is very important make sure that you follow it correctly.
Failing this step will result in failed flashing process. Unknown fastboot command. (getvar) error while flashing.
- 5Power off your device and boot your device into Download Mode. To get into Download Mode, power off your device, wait for few seconds and then power on the device while holding Volume Down + Power button for a few seconds and then release them after some time to get in Download Mode.
- 6Once you get your device in Download Mode, connect your device to the PC via USB cable. The RSD Lite will detect your device and add it to the list. It will show Moto X in “Port Number 1” with “Fastboot ghost S” as model name.
If your device isn’t listed then it means that you haven’t install installed the Moto X drivers properly. Re-install the drivers once again.
- 7Once your device is listed, click on three dots button and browse the ATT_XT1058_4.4.2-KXA20.16-1.31.1_CFC_1FF.xml file which we edited earlier.
- 9When the flashing process is complete, your device will reboot automatically.
Done!! Congrats, you have successfully unbricked your AT&T Moto X XT1058.
Get Tips for your device, Free!
No Spam Promise, Your email address is SAFE with us!