One of my reader requested a tutorial on how to unbrick soft bricked Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5100. Don’t try it on any other Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 variant such as T-Mobile, Sprint, US-Cellular, AT&T, Verizon and other International LTE variants. Also this post is for a device which is soft bricked NOT hard bricked (Soft brick vs Hard brick). This tutorial will flash your device to the latest Android KitKat 4.4.2.
We are not responsible for any data loss or other problems that occur by using this tutorial. Flashing ROM deletes internal memory. Use at your own risk.
- 1Samsung USB divers
- 2Stock firmware for Samsung galaxy note 8.0 GT-N5100
- 3Odin file for flashing the firmware
- 4PC with Windows OS on it
All the downloads are provided at the end of the post.
How to unbrick soft bricked Samsung galaxy note 8.0 gt-N5100 Android 4.4.2
- 1Download and install the USB drivers by following our guide on Samsung smartphones and tablets USB drivers installation.
- 2Download and extract the Odin file, you will get Odin3 v3.07.exe along with few other files. Run it as Administrator.
- 3Download a firmware file that was released for your region. Make sure that you only download the firmware which was released for your region otherwise you might face problems in getting a network lock, along with many other problems that you might face. For example, for South-East regions the firmware is SER-N5100XXDNG2-20140725164923.zip.
- 4Extract the firmware zip file and you will get a HOME.tar.md5 file.
- 5Power off and boot and your device in Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power buttons simultaneously until you see a construction Android robot icon with a warning triangle. Then press Volume Up button to enter in Download Mode.
- 7On Odin, click on the AP button and browse the firmware .tar.md5 file.
- 9Re-check that you followed the entire procedure correctly and then press Start button to begin the flashing procedure. DON’T INTERRUPT FLASHING PROCEDURE ONCE IT HAS STARTED OTHERWISE YOU MIGHT HAVE A HARD BRICKED DEVICE.
- 11First boot is always the longest, so be a little patient. Eventually, you device will show you the Welcome Screen.
Congrats!! Your device have successfully unbricked soft bricked Samsung galaxy note 8.0 GT-N5100. Make sure to make a Nandroid backup of your device, just in case this problem occurs in the future.
- If Odin doesn’t detect your device then make sure that you have installed the device drives properly. Also ensure that Kies isn’t running in the background. Kies is know to interfere with Odin.
- If Odin shows FAIL! instead of PASS! then something went wrong. Disconnect your device, pull out your battery and close the Odin. Wait for few minutes, then start the procedure once again. If you are still getting the error then post a comment here along with the Odin’s Message Box’s text.
- If you are stuck in Bootloop i.e. your device is stuck in reboot loop then enter Recovery Mode by pressing and holding power + volume up and home buttons until you see Recovery Mode. Use Volume up/down buttons to move and power button to select. In Recovery Mode, perform cache wipe and then factory reset. Next reboot the device, now it should work properly.
Get Tips for your device, Free!
No Spam Promise, Your email address is SAFE with us!