This tutorial uses ODIN One-Click: unbrick soft bricked Samsung Captivate. Don’t try it on any other Captivate variant. Also this post is for a device which is soft bricked NOT hard bricked (see here for the difference).
We are not responsible for any data loss or other problems that occur by using this tutorial. Flashing ROM deletes internal memory. Use at your own risk.
This tutorial uses Odin3 One-Click Downloader to restore your phone from a software bricked state (see image below). It is a complete package so you don’t need to change or modify any settings. Just follow the procedure mentioned below step by step and you will have your Captivate unbricked in no time.
ODIN One-Click to unbrick Samsung Captivate procedure :-
- Windows users should download the correct drivers from links provided below.
- Remove the battery, sim card and sdcard.
- Insert the battery.
- Enter Download Mode by holding Volume Up + Volume Down + Power or holding both Volume buttons without pressing the power button.
- Open Odin and connect your phone to your PC using data cable and click Start.
- Be patient. First boot always take some time.
Get Tips for your device, Free!
No Spam Promise, Your email address is SAFE with us!