HTC One devices are very popular ($199 on contract with AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, $575 unlocked directly from HTC) is a beautiful device. It has a solid build quality and sleek aluminum body. Reviewers are still confused over the fact whether the HTC One or the Galaxy S4 is the best android device for you. This post will help your device, HTC One lock bootloader (All variant), if you are returning your device for warranty purpose or you want to install stock firmware on it.
Procedure for HTC One lock bootloader (All variant)
This step is MUST when you have unlocked bootloader. If you indeed have a unlocked bootloader and tried to revert it back to stock ROM, you might land in big trouble. Skip this step if you have locked bootloader.
- 1Install HTC One device drivers.
- 2Download Fastboot zip file and extract it. Browse to the folder where you extracted Fastboot zip, then on an empty area in that folder, press Shift key + right mouse button. You will find Open command window here, select it and command prompt will open with path of that same folder.
- 3If your device isn’t switched off already the press Volume Down + Power button until the phone switch off then boot into boot-loader by pressing Volume Down and press power button for 3 seconds. Once in boot-loader select fastboot by pressing power button once.
- 4Now connect your device to PC using the USB cable that came with your phone. Wait while your device is detected by your PC.
- 5After waiting for about a minute, type fastboot oem lock in command prompt.
- 6Now your bootloader is locked and you can continue installing stock ROM.
Now you can follow my other posts to install stock ROM on your device or return your device for warranty.
Get Tips for your device, Free!
No Spam Promise, Your email address is SAFE with us!